"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Another day in paradise...

Today:



~I learned that morning is so much better than afternoon for doing school with squirrelly little girls. After lunch the energy is gone and cooperation/focusing abilities seem to vanish into thin air. Oh, and the girls have some trouble as well.

~I wore cute sandals to put the garbage cans out by the road, even though winter is making an unpleasant menopausal exit involving snow and rain and many, many clouds all at once. I'm pretty sure it actually was a more pleasant job because of the cute sandals.

~It occurred to me that maybe with two preschoolers in the house, this would be a good time of life to invest in an electric pencil sharpener.



Pretty sure that the ghost of Carpal Tunnel Future is screaming at me right now.

~I discovered that pedicures and pink toenails all around can cure the blues caused by waiting until the afternoon to do school. That's just one of the benefits of having an 80% female household.

~My baby fever came back with a vengeance, thanks to this post on my friend Holly's blog. Seriously, click on it and look at how perfect and precious he is...do it so I'm not alone!

~It took five minutes for a thrilling game of "pirates' birthday party" to undo half an hour of cleaning and organizing the girls' toy room downstairs.

~My heart smiled when I sat down to read The Cat in the Hat to the girls at breakfast this morning, and Ashley asked me, "Could we read some more of the Psalms today instead?"

"It's ok, it's so nice! It's just another day in paradise -- there's no place that I'd rather be. It's two hearts, and one dream...I wouldn't trade it for anything. And I ask the Lord, every night, for just another day in paradise." Phil Vassar

No comments:

Post a Comment