"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Thursday, November 4, 2010

Exciting PSA!


Who else gets giggly at the sight of Starbucks holiday cups?! Anybody? When I went through the Starbucks drive-through yesterday and the barista handed me this cup, there may have been some sort of involuntary exclamation on my part. Something like, "Oh my gosh, holiday cups!! *pointing at the cup in question while bouncing up and down on my seat* I'm so happy they're back! It's been so long! And they make me so HAPPY!!!" You know, not a big deal, just a little comment like that. Then I immediately texted Lamont to tell him that the holiday cups are back (!!!), only to receive his response: "I know, I had one on Monday." Say whaaaaat? Did I miss the memo that said we will no longer inform each other of drastically exciting news? No problem, buddy, just don't be surprised if next time I find out I'm pregnant I forget to tell you about it! No, really...if you needed any proof of how very much I love my husband, it comes now as I tell you that after 24 hours of wrestling with the shock of his neglect in the area of Starbucks holiday cup announcement, I have now completely forgiven him. Yes, I know. I am a paragon of graciousness and forgiveness.

7 comments:

  1. Rachel brought me SB on Tuesday *just* because I wanted a holiday cup. Oh, yeah, and a Peppermint White Mocha. That too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That's what I had, too...nothing is quite so festive and exciting and wonderful as a peppermint white mocha in a Starbucks holiday cup! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would have known the grave relationship damage that could be caused by these little red cups?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing I love you so much... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you will never, NEVER, make such a serious error again, Lamont! At least, we all hope so for your sake!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE HOLIDAY CUPS!! I'm so happy I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEHEHE!

    And I love the holiday cups, too!

    ReplyDelete