"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Greetings from Play-Doh Land...


Today was just begging for a creative activity of some kind. The girls have been antsy lately...the snow is hard and crunchy and not fun for playing, and last week was crazy with a bunch of traveling back and forth to Spokane, so the girls and I were overdue for some super fun playtime together. So out came the plastic tablecloth and the play-doh!
My parents gave the girls a *ton* of new play-doh and play-doh gadgets for their birthdays. They were so thrilled when I got it all out for them this morning...there may have been quite a lot of squealing and running around in circles going on here for a few minutes!
Bethany only tried eating it twice; she wrinkled up her face each time and seemed extremely disappointed that this lovely, colorful stuff didn't taste nearly as good as it looked. She was very serious about her playtime -- every picture I took of her she had this serious, focused look!
Hannah kept me busy helping her make these twisted ropes using the gizmo Bethany is holding in the above picture. She used every color she could find and wore the ropes as necklaces and bracelets. She told me, "I am a beautiful lady!"
Now I know that this picture of Ashley will make my mum cringe, because when I was a little girl we weren't allowed to get the colors all mixed up like this. ;-) Ashley spent over an hour perfecting this beautiful tower to her satisfaction!

The way it was going to work in my head was that I would get the girls all set up with their play-doh and then would be able to get all my chores done around them while they played happily. The way it worked in reality was that I eventually pulled up a chair because I got tired of standing while I played right along with them! We were at it for 1 1/2 hours. :-)

2 comments:

  1. WE LOVE Play-doh! Silas uses his until it is gray(from mixing) and all dried up. He plays with it every day though while I am making dinner. Hard wood floors are the BEST for it!!:)Love the looks on all the girls faces in the photos, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Love it! Long live play-doh!!

    I'm with Bethany . . . twas always so disappointing that the looks didn't match the taste. ;)

    ReplyDelete