"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Monday, July 19, 2010

On husbands...


Recently Ashley decided that she would like to marry her daddy when she grows up. She had been looking at our wedding pictures and asking me if she could get married too...I told her that when she was a grown up lady (we're talking at least 30 here, just for the record!) then maybe God would bring her a wonderful man to be her husband, just like He did for me. She tilted her head to the side and looked at her daddy sitting with me on the couch, and happily decided, "When I am a big lady, Daddy can be my husband!"


While Lamont grinned like crazy over one of the biggest compliments a daddy can get, I laughed and told Ashley that he would always be her daddy, but he's already my husband, so she'll have a different husband someday. It seemed like pretty straightforward logic to me, so when she disappeared down the hall with a little smile I figured that she was sweetly accepting my prior claim on our favorite man.


Out she bounced again a few moments later holding Curly the teddy bear. With the world's most mischevious grin on her little impish face, she tossed the teddy bear casually into my lap and announced, "There you go, Curly will be your husband now, and Daddy is going to be my husband!!"

1 comment:

  1. And I was just about to request a new blog post! ;o) Love your girlies so much, and I love hearing the darling things they say!

    ReplyDelete