"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Monday, August 30, 2010

On bunkbeds and best friends...

The big news around here is the bunkbeds that Ashley and Hannah moved into about a week ago. We have had entire songs created and sweet bedtime prayers of thanks devoted to their new bunkbeds! Ashley sleeps on top, and is overwhelmed by her good fortune and how amazingly big she must be to be trusted up there. :-) (I never would have thought a not-quite-4-year-old could sleep on the top bunk, but she has a guard rail the whole length of the bed and is actually a motionless sleeper!)
Hannah seems perfectly delighted with her lower bunk, and I love how little children are so excited and thankful for the things they're given that they don't think to wish for more...it hasn't seemed to occur to Hannah that she might wish she could be on top.


They really, really love their bunkbeds. :-) And finally, Bethany has also graduated -- she is now a big girl and the very proud owner of a toddler bed. After almost four years, we no longer have a crib in our house!
The girls all share a bedroom now, and I love having them all together. It seems like perfection, tucking my precious girls in together at night, praying for them to have a sweet sleep in the same breath that I pray they will always be best friends and share their lives together. It is strange but wonderful to watch our children growing up like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment