"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You may call me superwoman!

Here's a little photographic proof of what I am about to tell you:



This morning my friend Becky and I spent a remarkably fun time taking care of seven children ages 4 and under! It was as chaotic as you're imagining, but the kids were mostly all really well behaved. Still, it was constant motion and questions and snacking, all at very high volumes...so when all seven of the kids gathered and froze in place for a minute while Becky read to them, I had to grab my camera to immortalize the moment!

After Becky ran away home with her ridiculously adorable twins, I managed lunch for my remaining five kiddos (coffee for me!), and then since we still had over an hour until the extra two were going to be picked up and the kids were all still playing happily, I debated how to fill the time.... Naturally, I settled on chopping and cooking a gigantic pumpkin! Wouldn't you?


This big guy has been hanging around (courtesy of my dad, who brings gigantic pumpkins as hostess gifts) since Canadian Thanksgiving. If you don't know when that is...it's been many months, eh! Finally it is getting tucked away where it rightfully belongs: in the freezer, waiting to be made into delicious pumpkin bread and pies.

So now I've gone from 7 back down to 3 children, and the pumpkin has been conquered...the rest of today will surely be a breeze by comparison!

1 comment: