"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Sunday, May 15, 2011

On tiny princesses and tiny tea parties

I am the mother of three little princesses, the most beautiful little girls I have ever known. And I love how much they love to be princesses! I love it when they twirl in their summer dresses, and when they play soft songs on the piano and sing along with their music, and when they pick spring flowers until their arms are overflowing with them and they run through the sunshine to bring them to me, and when they dance every.single.time. that their daddy plays music for them. And I love it when they have tea parties.




The girls' friend Alena passed on this sweet little tea set to them. Almost every day they ask for permission to bring it out in its little wicker basket, painstakingly spread out the pink and white checked tablecloth, and then pass around teacups and saucers and napkins and dainty white silverware, losing themselves in the happy games that little princesses have always played.


My heart smiles when they gather around their little tablecloth on the livingroom floor, assume a gentle grace far beyond their years, and treat each other daintily like the little ladies that they are. And although yes, they do their share of running and yelling and playing in the dirt and mud, I am so grateful that my girls know that they are princesses!

No comments:

Post a Comment