"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Monday, September 13, 2010

She's a dancing queen, young and sweet!

Today was Ashley's very first dance class, ahhhhh! I somehow managed to send her into the dance studio all by herself, and if I happened to be hovering outside peering through the window during her whole class, well -- that didn't hurt anyone, did it??

She did great, and had a huge smile stuck on her face the whole time. There are ten little girls in her class, and they already seem to be forming the strong, instant friendships that only three and four year old girls can manage. It was precious watching them holding hands in a big circle and skipping around together. :-) Her class is a tap/ballet combo class, but today seemed to be mostly getting to know each other and some basic stretching and jumping and dancing in circles. So cute!
Ashley wanted her picture taken at the house before we left...



And I stole this shot of her as she first surveyed the studio; she was a little overwhelmed for a moment, but then she jumped right in. Sometimes I feel like she is more poised than I am...



She flew straight into my arms after class with a heart stopping smile and declared, "That was so much fun, and now I'm ready to do it again!"

3 comments:

  1. I love her feet in her 'overwhelmed' photo. So expressive! What will you and the younger two during class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it!! I'm definitely getting my girls into ballet... I think they're so cute doing it and my nieces have sure enjoyed it. :) Yay for being a wonderful mommy, Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I did Jazz when I was little and my little sis did the tap/ballet combo, then just tap. We had a lot of fun! Gymnastics might be in the future for your girlies too...I did gymnastics...it's a whole 'nother world...get lotsa pics! :~)

    ReplyDelete