"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!


This is a small fraction of the amazing mess that we made last night with this glittery, clingy red tinsel that my darling, wonderful, thoughtful mother in law brought to the girls. Incidentally, she is henceforth forbidden to enter our home until she promises never to bring any more gifts that keep on giving in such a messy fashion! ;-)
Christmas this year is a blessedly relaxing time for our little family, very welcome and wonderful after the busy-ness of this month. Yesterday Lamont's family came down to be with us and we enjoyed Christmas with them, and Boxing Day we'll head up to my family's place and celebrate with them...in between we get Christmas Eve and Christmas day to spend quietly by ourselves, and we are soaking it in. I'm excited to get to sing tonight at the candlelight service at church!

As I write this, my man and my girls are involved in some kind of very noisy game complete with shrieking, giggling, and giant smiles all around. I am incredibly blessed, and can say from my heart that my most treasured gifts this Christmas season are the ones tumbling and laughing around the livingroom right now. I am so grateful that God's love and grace have brought me to this beautiful day!

Merry Christmas to you all!

2 comments:

  1. :D Just beautiful!!Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so darling! I love the tinsel everywhere. :)

    Thank you for reading my blog and for commenting!!

    ReplyDelete