"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Thursday, January 13, 2011

On big hugs and best friends!

The girls and I just spent two days of non-stop action in Spokane. We crammed in seven different social visits or events and at least six hours of driving, plus one carsickness incident with Bethany which I would talk about except that I am trying to block it from my memory. Suffice to say that it ranks right up there in the top 5 most terrible clean up jobs of my mothering career so far.

Possibly top 3.

Possibly top 1.

So since we're not talking about that...! It really was a wonderful two days of recharging with family and friends. Much as I've been loving building new relationships here in St. Maries, I miss the amazing support system and daily interaction with the people I love back home. Before we moved, we lived about 20 seconds away from one of my very dearest friends, Holly (owner of her own amazing photography business! http://www.hollyclousephotography.com), and the day to day "real life" friendship we built while we lived there is one I will always cherish. She knows me so very well and though I pray someday we may live close to each other again, in the meantime I love knowing that she'll always be one of my heart sisters! Here are our darling kiddos enjoying our visit together yesterday....


Goodness, judging by the ferocity of that hug I would say that maybe Bethany has been missing her little friend too! :-)


Now that is one lucky little boy! These five sweet kiddos have been friends literally since their births and have played together almost every single week of their lives. How neat is that??
Anyway, we are home (despite the lovely icy/slushy roads we encountered on our way back last night), and since for some reason I've spent this whole day subconsciously thinking that it is Monday, I'm happy to keep rediscovering that this is Thursday and it's almost the weekend again! (Don't laugh at me. You know you do it too. "Wait, what? This is Wednesday? I totally thought it was Friday!! .....drat.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment