"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Thursday, August 11, 2011

And this is why I love my husband...

In retrospect, I do feel a little badly about screaming. Perhaps it was a tiny bit excessive -- but then, since it made Lamont materialize instantly beside me as I wanted him to, perhaps not.

"What happened?!" He demanded, out of breath, as his anxious face peered into the bathroom mirror beside mine. I pointed, with a trembling finger...

"Is that a gray hair???"

And in that defining moment, folks, he did not roll his eyes, or laugh at me, or any of the things that you all are doing right now (oh yes, I know!). No, he leaned forward and stared into the mirror at the hair in question, studying it very seriously. After I held my breath for an endless moment, he gave his verdict.

"No it's not, it's just a little more blonde than most of your hair, and the light hit it strangely for a second."

I squeaked breathlessly, "Are you sure?"

Once again the serious look, the moment of consideration, and then the confident answer, "Yes, definitely."

So not only do I not have my first gray hair yet (which is really a miracle considering I have three insanely busy children!), but I do have the greatest (and smartest -- look at all the brownie points he just earned!) husband ever. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I was discovering (and pulling) gray hairs long before we ever got married, all while reassuring my future husband that redheads never really went very gray. We'll see if that trend holds true in my case! ;)

    ReplyDelete