"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Friday, July 6, 2012

Endless water!

We've been doing swim lessons every morning for the last two weeks, and graduated from this beginning level class this morning. The girls had a blast! We did them at the pool just a minute from our house, and will definitely do it there again when we do another two week session in August. I loved the pool and loved their instructor. :) The only part they didn't like was jumping off the diving board....

The pep talk....

The completely rigid jump....
The aftermath!

But I promise, most of the time they all looked more like this....


Even the day that the water looked like this, because it was pouring rain and hailing and only 55 degrees!!


And about two minutes after I took that picture, the rain and hail stopped and the sun burst through the clouds. It was like March -- except it was July. Yeah.

So to celebrate them spending two successful weeks in the water...I decided we should spend some more time in the water! I'm creative like that. ;) We beat the heat at Lake Coeur d'Alene this afternoon, where the girls got to play with their out of town cousins and I got to enjoy a towel on the sand in the sunshine. I was also entrusted with the serious task of guarding all the special rocks and sticks and bits of seaweed they could find in the waves...it's what mummies are for!


Such a beautiful, watery, sunshiny Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment