"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A little white duck and a ladybug!

This is late, because Ashley and Hannah's dance recital were almost three weeks ago now, but "better late than never" really does apply, in my opinion, when it comes to recording pictures and special memories. :) And these girls sure did create some special memories over this last year of dance, and especially their fun recitals! It was Ashley's second year taking dance lessons, and Hannah's first, and they were so excited to start out the year together in the same class. When Ashley was advanced to the next level after just a couple of weeks, at first they were both disappointed. Thankfully, though, Ashley's new class was right after Hannah's each Wednesday, so it was still a group activity for them. And in the end, I think it was especially good for Hannah to have her own thing going on, independent from her sister. :)

Celebrating our little white duck!

Hannah's recital came first, on a Friday evening, while Ashley's was Saturday at noon. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise having them assigned to different recitals, because I was able to focus 100% on each of them when it was their turn and really enjoy their experience. Hannah looked absolutely darling in her little white duck outfit! But I will resent that costume forever, because I am still finding white feathers from it everywhere...in the car, in my purse, in their closets...gah! *ahem*

I absolutely adore how excited the girls get for each other!

Hannah was one of four dancers out of around 100 who received a trophy at the recital! And we had no idea it was coming, so her combined confusion and excitement as her teacher gave it to her was completely adorable. It says "Superstar" on it, along with her name, and she loves it to death. :)

Right before they went on, no idea how they managed to stand still long enough for this picture!

I was so happy to get a group picture of Ashley's class with her teacher, Talia! Talia taught both the girls' classes, and she was fantastic. I loved that she kept them looking like little girls with both the costumes and the choreography, worked on a lot of technique with them, and had a sweet, simple teaching style. Both the girls loved her. :)

So proud of our beautiful ladybug!


Um, I was going to say something about this picture, but then I just got lost staring at my beautiful girl and forgot whatever I was going to say. There may be tears involved, as well. *sniff* Stupid pregnancy hormones! (But...is it just me, or when you look at this picture can you see a glimpse of her 17 year old self in that precious face??)

Such a fun year of dance for our two oldest girls, and Bethany is anxiously awaiting the fall when she will finally get her chance to join them in the dance studio!



2 comments:

  1. So lovely! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very fun. Your girls are beautiful (and yes, I think I glimpsed her seventeen year old self in there...)

    ReplyDelete