"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Know No Greater Joy

This conversation at the breakfast table today left tears in my eyes and joy in my heart...what precious gifts our daughters are, and how lovingly they must be watched from heaven!

Ashley, thoughtfully: "I don't want to have a black heart."

Me, startled: "What do you mean?"

Ashley: "If I disobey God and do naughty things, then my heart gets black and dirty, and that makes God sad."

Hannah, eagerly: "I don't want to have a black heart either!"

Ashley, very serious now: "Hannah, when we make God sad, that's called sin. Sin is black and that's why we get a black heart if we sin. Because when we disobey, then we say, 'Ok sin, you can come in!' And then sin makes our heart black."

Hannah, really upset: "But I don't like that!"

Ashley: "But God doesn't like our hearts to be black either, so if we obey God then we say, 'Ok God, you can come in!' And then sin has to go out and God is really happy, and I am really happy too!"

Hannah, after a long considering pause: "Then can God make my heart pink instead of black? I want a pink heart."

Ashley, beaming: "Yes, He can!"

1 comment:

  1. Aw! That is one of the most precious things I've heard! Way to be positive role models mom and dad! :~)

    ReplyDelete