"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Monday, May 17, 2010

On Crafts and Counting!


These interesting creations are the result of Ashley and Hannah and myself deciding to make magnets. They started out as crosses that we were decorating, but we decorated rather exuberantly. Now I'm afraid they just look like...interesting creations! Ashley's is on the left and maintains a little bit of the cross look, albeit a flowery, polka-dotty kind of cross. Hannah's masterpiece is possibly a distant cousin of the amoeba.
Saturday the girls and I went yard-saling again, this time with a bunch of friends. We all pinked up a bit despite being generous with the sunscreen -- it was a beautiful day! (We don't tan. We don't believe in tanning, apparently. All of us, Lamont included, do however believe very strongly in burning whenever the sun spares us the tiniest glance. It is extremely annoying.) Anyway, one of my happy finds was this adorable hopscotch mat, in beautiful condition, for only $2!

I love Bethany's thoughtful pose...she's trying to figure out how to copy her sisters. :-) For some reason (I did not teach them this, honestly!) when Ashley and Hannah are jumping they count, "81, 82, 81, 82" over and over. Every single time. What in the world?? I cannot convince them to do anything else!

2 comments:

  1. What a great find...and what silly girls you have! Bethany's little pose is adorable! :~D
    And as far as the tanning/burning thing goes...my skin reacts much like yours! once in a blue moon it"ll tan a teensy tiny bit, but fade within a week or so...SO NOT WORTH THE BURN! Lol. I love whomever invented sunless tanning. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hopscotch mat is adorable! I really don't get into garage selling, but I might if I found something like that! :-)

    ReplyDelete