"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Springtime on the farm!

Okay, so my parents' place might not technically be a farm. But with five acres of both countryside and woods, with a huge garden and a greenhouse and fruit trees, with a bonfire pit and a volleyball court and a crazy high treehouse, and with goats and ducks and chickens and a dog and a cat, I am pretty sure the girls think of it as the most perfect of farms! They have helped Papa plant trees and work in the garden, helped Grandma feed and milk the goats, helped their aunties and uncle taking care of the ducks and chickens...so many memories that I'm thrilled for them to be building.

This week I took them up to "the farm" for a day of adoring the five new baby goats which were all born to one mama (!!!) last week. These babies weigh just over two pounds each! They are ridiculously cute, and the girls fell in love...






Of course, they desperately want one...according to Ashley, they would even rather have a baby goat than a puppy. I told her I would rather have a baby goat than a puppy as well, but unfortunately, baby goats don't stay babies! 

My little sisters also took the girls out in their canoe, for rides around the mini lake created by the spring melt-off plus all the rain we've been having. I considered going out and snapping pictures for all of about three seconds, but then I realized that would mean getting up from the cozy seat where I'd settled my pregnant self after lunch to discuss homeschooling with my mum. Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment