"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Monday, December 3, 2012

The Alligator Book

This morning Ashley very proudly finished her very first book, both written and illustrated by her! She's been working on it for a week and a half, and though at one point she told me that she planned to "keep writing more and more of my book until I'm 12 years old!", she decided this morning that the story had come to an end. 

Let me tell you, folks, this story has it all. Drama! Intrigue! Life and death conflict! Buckle your seat belts, because I'm about to share it with you. :)

It says, "Ashley (self portrait of Ashley!): The Alligator Book"

Once upon a time there was an alligator that loved to eat and eat. 

The alligator saw the monkey and wanted it. The alligator tried to eat the monkey but the monkey swung.

The alligator saw the frog and wanted it but the frog just ribbited and the alligator gave up.

The alligator wanted it (the bee) but the bee flew away. The alligator tried to eat the butterfly but the butterfly flew away.

The alligator saw the horse and wanted it. But the horse ran away. Then the alligator saw pizza on the ground. Then he was happy.

The end.
See??? That was a pretty intense plot! I bet you were worried about which poor animal was going to end up being lunch for the hungry alligator, weren't you??

The alligator's facial expressions absolutely crack me up. I love that you can tell he's getting more and more hungry and frustrated, and his giant grin as he looks at the pizza at the end is perfect!

Ashley now says that rather than working on this one story until she's 12, she will just continue writing other books until she turns 12, at which point she will open a bookstore and sell all her books for $10 each. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment