"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Friday, December 28, 2012

The Best of Facebook 2012, Part 1

I use this blog mainly to help me remember all these precious stages of life that we are zipping through too quickly. I just don't have the memory space in my caffeine-deprived brain to hold on to all of this as it happens, and it is such a joy to read back through the blog and revisit times and experiences we've had together, things the girls have said/done as they've grown, and all the memories that would otherwise be lost. However, frequently one of the girls will say something, I'll think, "Oh, I need to write that down!", and the fastest and easiest option is to just post it to Facebook. I've been realizing how much less permanent that is than the blog, so I've decided to scan through the last year's worth of my Facebook status updates, and bring over here my favorites of the sweet or funny antics of the girls that I want to make sure I have recorded for good. So here we go -- Part 1!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January-June, 2012
 
 
Hannah just prayed, "God, please help everyone to know that You are there, so that they don't have to be afraid of life."
 
Lamont just told Bethany that his coffee has a restraining order against her! *laughing hysterically*
 
Bethany: "I'm getting big and growing so much, so I'm changing into a mama!"
 
From Bethany along with her tight goodnight hug: "Do you know why God made you? I do. So that you could be my special Mummy."
 
The wind is picking up and I hear Ashley whispering to her sisters, "We better watch out, because I think our house is going to blow away in a potato!" *long confused pause* "I mean, we're going to blow away in an alfredo!" *even longer pause* "Hey Mummy, what's it called when the wind goes in a circle and it can pick up a house??"
 
Just out of curiousity, if your three year old tells you that you are a duckling...is that a good thing?
 
From Hannah's sunshiny face this morning: "Mummy, happiness that lasts is called JOY!"
 
Note to self: telling Hannah to just ignore her sisters' attempts to distract her from the job I've given her results in her loudly proclaiming, "Hey guys, I'm ignoring you! Just so you know, I'm ignoring you! Ok? I'm just ignoring you!"
 
Hannah: "I really need to get a job and start making some money!" Me, startled: "Oh really? Why do you need money?" Hannah: "So that I can give it to kids who don't have enough food, of course." *heart...melting...*
 
Bethany: "Can we please have cookies for breakfast?" Me: "Nice try, sweetie, but--" Bethany, quickly: "Why don't you just think about it for a while, Mummy!"
 
Our littlest baby girl kicked her daddy's hand for the first time tonight for his birthday - yay!
 
Bethany: "Mummy, I'm going to grow up and be a mom with kids, but if you want I can still be your little girl, too!" Oh, yes please.
 
Hannah just came out of the playroom for a drink of water and I asked her what she and her sisters are doing in there. The eyes start shifting back and forth and she says politely, "Um...I don't think you...really need to know that right now, Mummy...."
 
Hannah, with a fierce goodnight hug, "I'm so glad you're not a vegetable or a llama!"
 
From a very indignant Bethany: "Mummy, Ashley is being SO mean to me. She's treating me like a carrot!"


No comments:

Post a Comment