"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Wednesday, April 14, 2010

On Hamlet and Whales...

Ashley has recently decided that it is necessary to close her eyes when posing for a picture....Here she's proudly modeling her new summer sandals, which she wants to wear every time she goes outside now -- yes, even if it's freezing or raining!

This morning I looked up from the breakfast dishes to the sight of Ashley wearing her bright pink blanket wrapped around her like a robe, strutting rather ferociously around the livingroom. To my startled look she announced dramatically, "I am Hamlet!" Yes indeed, you read that right. My three year old daughter doesn't pretend to be a princess when she plays make believe, she pretends to be Hamlet. Is that...good?

Next question: is it possible to tell too many Bible stories to your children?? This morning while the girls played, Ashley kept laying out precise, detailed instructions, which Hannah kept ignoring while she did her own happy thing. Ashley grew more and more indignant and finally blurted out, "Hannah, if you don't help me spread these blankets out right now, I will throw you into the ocean and a big whale will come and swallow you!"

1 comment: