"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Mish-Mash


In the spirit of my last post on putting out fires, here is Ashley-the-extremely-happy-fireman! We got to spend the morning with new friends, which of course means new toys. The girls had a blast playing dress up, but sadly, Hannah-the-adorably-fierce-pirate was feeling a little fierce toward the camera so I don't have a picture. *sigh*


In other news, spring quarter started up for me today. I only have one class this time around, and it's online, so hopefully it will be low impact for my long-suffering family. I have the exact same professor that Lamont had for this class TEN years ago when he took it. Does that make him sound old, or does it make me sound young? Or is it just weird?

Finally, at naptime today Ashley revealed her brilliant plans for an improvement on our daily routine. She told me, "Mummy, I know you are sleepy and so you can have my nap. I will sing two songs to you and then you can fall asleep. And then I will close your door and you don't need to worry and I will make supper and it will be pizza."

Ah. I really can't decide if that's incredibly thoughtful or incredibly sneaky!

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe. Silly Ashley! And she looks so cute playing dress up. Too bad Hannah wouldn't let you capture a pic of her dressed as a pirate...I bet she was quite adorable as well! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture!! Love it! We had a great time with you guys. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha adorable! I think Ashley's comment is thoughtful & sneaky. Kids are so smart. It is crazy what they catch on to :)

    ReplyDelete