"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Monday, February 14, 2011

On what I've been doing instead of blogging...


These three little monkeys have been keeping me pretty busy lately -- and leaving my blog lonely! Life is just so full in our family, and it has been a tad busier than usual the last week or so because of a three day trip to Spokane, and the resulting extra prep/reset time surrounding it. It was a lovely trip, though. We had two fun playdates and lots of coffee, I was able to be part of a girls' night out to celebrate a dear friend's birthday, and the timing was perfect for me to take a trip to Sacred Heart with another dear friend to visit her mom, who was just diagnosed with cancer. It was a God thing that I was in town right then, and I'm so grateful for that.

And we bought a new sofa for the upstairs livingroom! Lamont and I had an early Valentine's date and took advantage of the long awaited opportunity to go furniture shopping -- hey, keep your opinions to yourself, furniture shopping is very romantic, thank you very much! Our poor livingroom with one solitary couch is not very conducive to conversation, and we've been enjoying having a lot of company lately, so the seating situation needed to change. I was so excited that we found a beautiful light chocolate colored sofa (it's actually called "Tropic Java", how awesome is that?!) for well under our price range, and cannot wait to bring it home in another week or so!



This shot cracks me up...Bethany is SO pathetic! Unfortunately she has been on a fussy streak lately, and we're getting pretty tired of the whining and crying about silly things. I think it's just wearing when you have to be so frequently correcting an attitude -- the same attitude over and over again -- and don't feel like you can just relax and enjoy your child. Sad stuff! Hopefully she will pass through this time quickly, and we'll see more of the happy, silly sides of her again soon.
That's it for now; two weeks of inactivity on the blog mean I have so many words just dying to be released, but they will have to temporarily yield to the demands of laundry, and sneaking in some homework before the girls finish their naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment