"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost







Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving thanks!



Happy Thanksgiving! This is our very cool thanksgiving tree, the idea for which was shamelessly stolen from my friend Hallie. The best part? Both the tree and the candles are sitting in coffee beans. Decadent, right??


We created the tree a couple of weeks ago, and the girls and I have been slowly adding leaves, writing on each of them something for which we are thankful. It has been neat to hear what makes them thankful, some of which are funny (when Daddy plays tickle monster!), and some of which are really profound (mercy). Hannah made me smile this morning as we were adding our final leaves and she said, "Mummy, I think you need to write 'Starbucks' on a leaf because you are thankful for that!"


Giving thanks to God for His tireless love and passion, and for grace which is new every morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment